I heard a great term Saturday and i BET you jave never heard of it. It is called "DRIVE THROUGH Real Estate" most often practiced by a "DRIVE UP" Real Estate Agent. Puzzled? So are the MANCHESTER NH area Home Owners who hire these type of agents and told me this story. You see it was reported that a Home Seller thumbed through the newspaper. They choose the agents whose name appeared the most. They called to list their home. The agent called ahead, asked the sellers to come out to their car to sign the listing documents as they were running late. They went to their car, signed the documents and were told to email some pictures of the home to the agents assistant. They were told if there was anyone interested in seeing the home, they would get a call to let them in.
The seller had never sold a home so thought this was how it was supposed to start.
Soon the seller got calls from Buyer Agents to see their home.
They let these potential buyers in. They showed their own home. They answered questions from potential buyers and their agents. They told them EVERYTHING they said. Soon an offer which they negotiated with the Buyer Agent. The Listing Agent asked them to send over the signed contract. It was lower than they wanted but they are the only offer so they did. Ding Dong it is the Home Inspector, "the who for what" the Seller asked. The buyer agent said "oh no and that is not good" as they inspected the home. "We will get back to you" said the Buyer Agent.
The Seller finally heard from the Listing Agent who said "the inspection went bad, we need to credit the buyer with $10,000 so they can replace the appliances in the klichen, they are 10 years old and could die any time.... They need to replace the carpet and paint over the scratches on the stairs and get the bushes cut back away from the home." WHAT said the Home Seller...The agent said they would be by and drop the forms off in their mail box...
TIME OUT yelled the Home Owner who after speaking with family, co-workers and friends who all said "something is wrong". The Seller refused to credit the buyer, refused to lower the price of the home for these frivolous things and said they FIRED their DRIVE UP Real Estate Agent who never ever stepped foot in their home.
Today my story is to show you that all Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest agent or company.
I leave you with now infamous philosophy, which is simple, to provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process. Thank you for reading day 3 of our 7 day series of Tips to be Thankful for in Real Estate
Selling a home.
The TOP 5 SECRETS TO SELLING A HOME.
1. The TREAT OF a "LOCAL" AGENT: A Local agent will know you neighborhood, they may live there, know the schools, shopping areas, churches, restaurants and great places to vist. They will be able to answer questions without hesitation and better assist you sell your home and find you your dream home.
2. The TREAT OF a "FULL TIME" AGENT: A full time agent probably has dedicated themselves to Real Estate. The live it, breathe it and are good at it. They are there when you need them. They have time to answer that quick question and can come over for a quick showing. They practice providing the best possible service and come through.
3. The TREAT OF a "FULL SERVICE" AGENT: This is not a gas station, it is Real Estate. When you hire a Real Estate Agent you can not afford to skipo a step or make mistakes. You want an agent who will stand with you through EACH step of the buying or selling process. You do not want to have to take care of the task of showing your own home, letting strangers on your home or left to decide how much to offer when buying a home. Skip the discount because the Best deal is often when an agent saves you at least what the commission is if not more in some cases.
4. The TREAT of an AGENT'S EXPERIENCE: When you choose to hire a "GOOD" agent, the dividends will pay off. Your transaction can go smoother, there can be less stress, when selling your home will actually sell quicker and the best obtainable price. When buying you will find your dream home and close with little stress. The TREATS are many and all start with your choice of an agent. NH, you are lucky, you have me.
5. The TREAT of DOING THINGS RIGHT: When things are done right, little thought is often given how things went so well. When things go wrong, they go bad quickly and makes life miserable. Skipping over that agent that is too busy for you, skipping that out of town agent, skipping that discount broker who may give you the bare minimum and SIMPLY CHOOSING an agent who is ready, willing and able to give you the best possible service is worth it.
IN SUMMARY the key to having a successful purchase or sale can increase simply choosing a better agent. The secret is that All Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest. I leave you with now infamous philosophy, which is simple, to provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process.
If you are thinking of buying a Home please contact us. Get a free pre-qualification along with some of the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE through each step of the Buying Prices.
We are local agents with experience who GET RESULTS!!!