For the first time ever, I asked a listing agent yesterday to prepare a Notice to Perform for my buyer. The buyer has not deposited the earnest money for over 2 weeks. They also have not provided proof of funds. They have done a home inspection. They are communicating but not doing anything. In the past, they were real estate agents so they do know how the process works.
I spoke with the listing agent and asked her to do a Notice to Perform so we can find out if they are in or out, no longer figuring it out. After a few hours, she calls me and says the seller will wait. He doesn not want to lose them as buyers.
Supposedly, the deposit is going into escrow today. If it does not, I want an honest explanation of what the delay is and how long they need to delay. I feel we can deal with the situation whatever it is as long as we know what it is.