There is nothing I enjoy more than helping a family sell a Redwood City home in Probate. I know, it doesn’t take much to make me happy, but I am who I am. Over the years I have developed a system to sell Redwood City homes in probate and it works really well!
1. Look at a home and see if there are valuables that are worth selling in the Redwood City Probate home. Many homes are left with enormous amounts of personal property, sometimes with value and sometimes not. For example crappy cars have value, but beautiful over stuffed furniture does not.
2. If there is something of value to sell in the Redwood City Probate home I usually recommend calling an auction house to come and take over the job of selling the personal property they believe will sell. I like DGW, but there are others. They sell the property at auction, deduct their percentage and fees, and send a check to the heirs.
3. The next step is to separate the recyclable items and find places to recycle. There are people who take metal, The Ecunemical Hunger Project will take clothes, and the County of Santa Clara will come to take the paint.
4. Next are items that can be donated. Organizations like Goodwill and Saint Vincent De Paul will take some furniture.
5. After everything that can be sold, donated, or recycled is gone then call the haulers. I like Junk King. Since it costs money to haul away trash I only do it after all other ways of disposing of unwanted property have been exhausted.
6. Once the Redwood City Probate home is free of personal property and debris, the process of making it look as good as possible for sale can begin.
So, if you have a Probate home in Redwood City and it is filled with stuff, it may seem overwhelming. Many people who lived through the depression maintained the habit of never throwing anything out. If you are the personal representative for the estate of a home in Probate in Redwood City you may feel overwhelmed. But if you use a system (or hire me and let me organize the sale of your Redwood City home in Probate ), it becomes a much less daunting task.
If you have any questions about Selling a Redwood City home in Probate please feel free to contact me.