I have been a Palo Alto resident and Palo Alto real estate agent for almost 2 decades and I can honestly say I love living in Palo Alto. There are many reasons, but here are a few of my favorite.
1.The weather is perfect! Summers are not too hot, winters are not too cold, and the fall lasts for months.
2. The schools are wonderful. Elementary schools are all within walking distance of every home in Palo Alto and there are several city wide schools of choice. Ohlone is a project based learning environment, Hoover emphasizes teacher directed programs and high academic standards, there is Spanish immersion, and Mandarin immersion. Middle schools also have project based Connections program, as well as more traditional high academic programs. High Schools are nationally ranked and have amazing theater, journalism, and robotics programs.
3. Great parks including Mitchell Park with tennis, a fenced in dog park, and plenty of bar-b-que areas in the south, or Rinconada park in the north also with tennis courts but a public swimming pool as well.
4. Fantastic restaurants! People living in Palo Alto, or just visiting can enjoy food from all over the world and at any price. Some of my favorites include Indian street food from Curry Up, organic Thai food at Siam Orchid, both downtown, Palo Alto Sol, the best Mexican food ever on California Ave, or Rice, in south Palo Alto.
5. Living in Palo Alto does not mean living in a boring suburb. There is plenty of entertainment including the highly regarded Theatre Works bring both new works, and well known plays to the town, The Aquarius and Palo Alto Square Movie Theatres, an ice skating rink, of course The Palo Alto Children's Theatre which has fostered a love of theatre in children for innumerable decades.
6. Living in Palo Alto means having great shopping only minutes away. The Stanford shopping Center, Town and County Shopping Center, University Ave, California Ave, Midtown, and Piazza's Shopping Center, Philzz Coffee, Pete's Coffee, Starbucks, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Safeway, Piazza's, CVS, Walgreen's, Per Food Express, and even Goodwill are all here and ready to serve you.
With so many things to do and place to go to, it is no wonder that living in Palo Alto is the aspiration of so many people in the bay area.
If you want to find a home in Palo Alto just click here
Keller Williams Realty Palo Alto
Cal BRE 01191194