Are we REALTOR®'s or are we Mail Carriers?
We have all heard the motto of the U.S. Post office that goes something like "Through, Rain, Sleet, Hail and Snow and ice, they work to get the mail through to it's customers." Well, something like that. Then I started thinking about the Real Estate Agent and or REALTOR®.
Acrylic painting by Larry Johnston©
We as Agents, march through this country by the thousands with one goal in mind. Our customers. Many of us are available and work 7 days a week and lot more than 8 hours a day. We are a special breed. Here are a few things this special breed is noted for:
1. Sometimes eats less thn a half of sandwich, because someone is sitting in front of home they want to see.
2. Works for FREE for weeks at a time or more just waiting for a closing, so they can have some income.
3. Uses Gas like it is water, driving all over the place so an unknown family can see the county.
4. Works Holidays and weekends and many times happy to do it.
5. Drives 40 miles to get someone's autograph, because they don't have computer and doesn't know how to use it if they did have one.
6. Pretends to smile, while the 2 year old is slobbering down your leg while holding on for dear life.
7. ignoring the clumps of dog hair all over your black suit, while leaving a sellers home.
8. Opens a keybox and spends the next 10 minutes fishing around in the snow, while your buyers look on.
Yes, we are kind of like mail carriers, as we do whatever we can, to help one person or an entire family, not to get mail they receive at the house, but to get the whole house, so they can get the mail.
If you know of anyone that wants to buy or sell a home in the Elkhart County area, have them call me:
Larry Johnston, 574-304-7577, Elkhart County Subdivisons, LLC, Elkhart, Indiana,
or email email@example.com