Selling your home during the holidays
Real estate advice from David Elya your local REALTOR®
Showing your home in tiptop shape condition during the holiday season is probably another stress you may not want to add to your list of things to do. Some sellers think it is normal to consider waiting until spring to sell.
During the holidays you may think prospective buyers are going to be too busy to look and you could be wasting your time preparing your property for showings. Not so!
You may miss an opportune time to market your property during the holidays.
Your property won’t sell if it’s not on the market. You may be too busy … but your REALTOR® will still be working.
I honestly believe that the holidays are the best time to sell a property for the following reasons:
· For sellers, there is “less” completion. Buyer activity may be slower, yet the buyers who are looking are much more serious.
· Buyers have more time to look for a home. Many spouses have time off together and find it more convenient to look for a home.
· Houses feel more “homey” when decorated for the holidays.
· You can still be on the market and you can have the option to delay your closing or restrict your showings during those six or seven days if you want to celebrate the holidays.
· You could sell now for more money and provide a way for you to delay that closing and extend your occupancy until next year.
· By selling now, you have the opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer next year, when more houses are available. You’ll have more opportunities to choose from.
· Sometimes, people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
· Some buyers will receive year-end bonuses from work helping them make a deal.
So December may indeed be the best time to market your place!
Feel free to contact David Elya to learn the value of your property.
David Elya ABR, CRS, GRI, e-PRO, SFR, RES.NET Certified Agent
Like us on Facebook