1. Define your focal point in each room. A fireplace is a natural focal point in a living space.
2. Float furniture away from walls when possible.
3. Use an odd number of decor items in arrangements such as 1, 3, or 5 objects.
4. When arranging decor items, arrange heights into high, medium, and low.
5. Add pizzazz with a pop of color or pattern when accessorizing.
6. Use vignettes to create purpose, style, and create emotional appeal to buyers.
7. Add light to rooms by opening drapes or adding lamps.
8. Balance hard edges with softer items such as fabric pillows, tapestry, and rugs.
9. Fill in floor gaps with plants and wall gaps with art.
10. Stage the photo shoot.
If you are not sure how to stage your home, or are simply too busy, call me and I will stage your home for you. I will start with a staging consultation to create a showstopping plan to showcase your home to sell quickly at top dollar. A staging consultation is a step-by-step and room-by-room checklist on how to prepare your home for sale.
Carlson Properties stages every listing and the last four 2013 staged listings have each gotten a sales contract within one-three days on the MLS at or close to full asking price.
Professional staging is not about personal design taste or what is cute or trendy. Professional staging is results oriented to put your home in high gear for a quick sale at a better price. 95 percent of ASP staged homes sell on average in 11 days or less and sell for 17% more. My portfoliio of 24 staged homes that have sold in Abilene, TX can be viewed at www.stagedhomes.com