Addison Pacesetters Learn About Meeting Space in Addison
Addison Pacesetters (Addison, Texas residents 50+ years of age) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. on Belt Line Road and learn about the Town of Addison. This month, Elizabeth Kaminski, sales coordinator for meeting space in the Addison Conference Center and Visit Addison, spoke to us. Here are some tidbits from her discussion and the Q & A session that followed:
- Elizabeth worked in the Box Office at Addison's WaterTower Theatre for 7 years before switching to her current position, almost 3 years ago. She replaced Gretchen, who retired.
- She is responsible for renting meeting space at both the Conference Center and at Visit Addison.
- Weekdays, the spaces are usually rented by corporations for meetings and parties. Weekends are usually for personal, social events, such as weddings, expos, and parties.
- She can also rent space in the Studio Theater inside the WaterTower Theatre and in the Stone Cottage next door.
- One of the upcoming rentals is by the WaterTower Theatre for the annual fundraiser.
- Her position operates out of the hotel fund.
- Tables, chairs, linens are included in the rental fees and rooms are normally booked for an 8-hour period, which includes 3 hours for setup, one hour for tear down, and a 4 hour event.
- Pricing information is available on the Internet and there may be discounts for organizations with people staying in Addison hotels.
- You can find events open to the public at Addison Events Website.
Next month, the first Wednesday is January 1st. Join us on February 5th, instead. Come along with the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros. and learn about the town of Addison. The speakers begin their presentations at 10:30 am. Arrive early and grab a cup of coffee. The Mayor holds court at 10:00 am, so if you have questions about Addison, that's a good time to get answers. See you with the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.