• Wanting to save money on the commission real estate agents charge.
• Having a bad experience with a real estate agent in the past.
• Never having used an agent before and not knowing why they need one.
• Having confidence they can sell it as easily on their own.
• Not being in a rush to sell, and figuring they can always hire an agent later if it doesn’t work out.
Some of these reasons are based on good evidence, while others are not. I’m currently writing a guide to help sellers decide whether selling by owner is right for them or not.
What reasons have you heard people give when they decide to sell on their own? Let me know!