December is the time to make sure you’ve got your car ready for the winter with your winter weather travel kit. We always restock our pack for the car right after Thanksgiving to make sure we’re prepared if we get stuck out on the road. Even though it’s never happened – you’re better safe than sorry.
Our winter hasn't been bad so far so you still have time to be prepared!
Here is what we have in our car…
* A few bottles of water
* Some granola bars, cheese crackers, raisins and candy bars
* A flashlight with new and spare batteries
* A travel size first aid kit - include any essential medications
* A blanket - foil-type survival blankets are very small and can be found in the camping department of Wal-Mart
* Basic tool kit and Jumper Cables (good to have always)
We don’t have this one, but it does sound like a good idea. A 3lb coffee can with candles, and matches inside to keep warm and for melting snow for drinking water.
Be safe, drive safe and enjoy the winter weather in the NC, GA and TN Mountains!
Lee & Carol Barbour ~ The Mountain Living Team