With all the business being generated by Foreclosures one would think those of us in the industry should care less about those foolish enough to sign Adjustable Rate Mortgages,without understanding the possible consequences.
Luckily there are people that care ,and a city service which helps people whom were the subject of predatory practices.
Many Real Estate professionals have donated time, to help homebuyers educate themselves on the many asspects of Home ownership.
The Department of Housing
The Department of Housing provides a range of services designed to:
- Improve availability of Housing
- provide access to public and private resources
- effect public policy
Part of the city services provided through this department are Housing counseling centers.
- They assist first time buyers who need pre-purchase counseling
- They explain the home buying process to all that wish more knowledge of the procedures
- Give advice to all those whom are behind or at risk of being behind in Mortgage payments
I was privileged to be selected or invited to attend a first time Home buyer counseling session and provide insight into the Home Inspection process and hope to continue doing so in the near future.
These are all our future clients and should not be overlooked.
Here is a shot of Minister Frankie Freeney at the Noble Neighbors counseling center.
Located at 1345 n Karlov 773-252-8524
There are other centers throughout the city.
She is holding up an example of predatory lenders advertising.