Questions to Ask Your Movers
Relocation Tips Video Series
Video #6 in my Relocation Tips Video Series is about the important questions you should ask your movers when selecting the right company to assist you with your move.
Here are the prior articles (with videos) in this series in case you missed them:
A critical step in your relocation is to select the mover that will take your precious household goods from your current home to your new home. Not a small, or inexpensive task.
Unless you plan to pack it all up in a UHaul and drive across the country, you will be hiring a moving company.
Here are the essentials to ask the moving companies you are interviewing and obtaining estimate from (use at least 2). You will want to keep in mind the dates you need to be out of the house and when you can move into your new home or rental. If you are moving with a Relocation Package make sure you find out what the requirements are for hiring a mover. It may not be your decision!
- What dates are you available to move us (pack, load, move)?
- Is there an additional charge for packing/unpacking?
- Will you provide boxes for me to use for my packing, will you deliver, and is there a charge?
- What insurance is provided and what does this cost?
- What is the cost of additional insurance for expensive items (e.g., art work)?
- Is there anything you cannot ship?
- Do you provide storage at my new location until I can move into my new home? What does this cost and for how long?
- Can you make more than 1 drop off (e.g., my new house and a storage unit)? Cost?
- Will you ship my car(s)?
- How long will it take for my household goods to arrive in my new location?
Want my Questions to Ask Your Movers Checklist? Give me a call or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com.
Need more relocation tips? Why not give me a call at (760) 840-1360. I am happy to help you from start to finish in your relocation here to SoCal.
And if you are moving elsewhere, I can help there, too. I have a great network of highly qualified agents around the country and can help refer you to the right agent to help you find your new home plus sell your current one.