I do not make many comments on AR that are not SEO or comical in nature, however I wanted to comment about Home Warranties. We bought out house in St Marys Ga 5 years ago and got talked into a Home Warranty by the Realtor. I was very skeptical at first because I figured it was a big waste of money. I finally relented and Nancy and I bought a policy for a few hundred dollars. Let me tell you what we have had to fix in the last 5 years that was covered by the warranty and only cost me a tiny deductible.
- Water Heater fixed
- Pool pump replaced
- Dishwasher replaced. In fact they allowed us to buy a nicer one and just had to pay the difference. We got a $600 dishwasher for $200!
- Fixed the AC unit by replacing the compressor. This is a very expensive replacement
- Garage Door Opener fixed twice
- Fridge had a small part replaced
- Washing machine had a small part replaced.