Florida Fishing License and Regulations
Things you need to know before you go fishing in Florida State. First of all for your information there are license free days every year for those who enjoy fishing on freshwater and/or saltwater.
Fishing license free days for freshwater in 2014
April 5, 2014 Saturday and April 6, 2014 Sunday
June 14, 2014 Saturday and June 15, 2014 Sunday
Fishing license free days for saltwater in 2014
June 7, 2014 Saturday and June 8, 2014 Sunday
September 6, 2014 Saturday
November 29, 2014 Saturday
No Fishing License is required if you are
1. A child under 16 year old
2. Florida residents 65 years and older
3. Florida residents with disabled person Hunting and Fishing Certificates
4. Florida residents in the U.S. Armed Services stationed out of state and home on vacation for 30 days or less.
5. Fishing at a lake of 20 acres or less on your own property without connection to public water.
6. Anyone who has been accepted as a client for developmental services by the Department of Children and Family Services, proof needed.
7. Anyone fishing from a for-hire vessel – guide, charter, party boat that has a valid charter boat license or charter captain license.
8. Fishing for recreational purposes from a pier that has a valid pier saltwater fishing license
9. For more information visit Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission here
Florida Residents Definition
Anyone who has stayed in Florida State continuously for six months or more before they applied for a Florida residency. Also any member of the U.S. Armed Forces who is stationed in Florida and any of their family members who are staying with them in the same house.
The license fee for fresh water fishing is $17.00 and the combine license of both fresh water and salt water is $32.50. The license is valid for 12 months unless otherwise stated. For non-residents saltwater fishing license fees for three day is $17, seven days is $30 and 12 months is $47
Where to apply for the license?
You may apply online here or call 1-888-347-4356 or visit all county tax collectors’ offices
Relocating to a wonderful Venice Florida or the surrounding area? Visit KweeHuset.com or give me a call at 941-716-3090 I can give you some fishing tips.
Subscribe to CommentsComment