It is the beginning of the year, and we love to try to look ahead and try to see what lies ahead. What year will it be? How will it affect our business…
Of course, nobody knows where the market will be tomorrow, but I can try to make some predictions, and they are based not on my outlook, but on the outlook of people, who are investing very serious money into the future of Daytona. Actually, unprecedentedly serious money. Never ever in history of Daytona there were projects worth of billion dollars…
Money talk. And what I hear is: DEVELOPMENT. And large-scale development. But big money take time to go from the architectural drawings to blueprints. Time to design, coordinate, discuss, implement. So no, we will not see it in 2014. And we will not see it in 2015.
But we will see it in 2016. We will see it by February 2016.
Why February? Simply because February is the race month, and missing the race is not what any developer would like to do.
So, what is happening?
1. Hard Rock Hotel & Cafe is coming to the Beachside. it's 30 story tower will become a focal point for the area south of International Speedway Blvd interchange.
2. Russian Towers. They are called so because the developer is a Russian company. 25 and 29-storey hotel and condo-hotel are nicely designed and will be a terrific addition to the beachside.
3. Daytona Rising is a complete revamp of the Speedway, which will transform it into unique sporting/entertainment zone.
4. Daytona One, a project by NASCAR, which will be the biggest development of this kind. 181 acres right along International Speedway Blvd across from the Speedway with restaurants, retail, hotels, condos...
5. Tom Staed Memorial Bridge. This project of replacing an old draw bridge with a high-rise bridge has been in the works for a while, got through approvals and got the State funding. Construction starts in 2014 and completion date – you got it, 2016
There will be a lot of advertising dollars spent on these massive projects, and they will put Daytona on the map. Not just the Google map :)
Follow tis link to more information about Daytona Beach area and to search for condos in Daytona