Nervous about jumping into the social media pool? Don't be!
You're constantly being told that you need to set up a networking profile on all the social media sites. We're talking Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Active Rain, Pinterest, You Tube and more. One thing I've heard more and more recently is that many people don't move forward because they have reservations. Here are some tips if you are Nervous About Jumping into the Social Media Pool!
If you are like many other real estate professionals, you have some amount of reservations about sharing yourself with the world. Let's face it, I'm not talking about just your work side. I'm not talking about just bits and pieces, but the real you.
Why should you get started with a Social Media Marketing plan? I read an article on "Zift Solutions" which said that:
- 87% of small business owners feel that social media has helped their business
- Companies that generate more than 1,000 Facebook likes also receive 1,400 website visits each day
- 74% of brand marketers saw an increase in website traffic after investing only 6 hours per week in social media
- 52% of marketers have gained a customer through Facebook
- 35% of marketers have gained a customer through Twitter
So the question is, How Do You Get Started in Social Media? Here are 4 quick ways to get started:
- Create a marketing plan. If you don't know what you want to accomplish with your marketing campaign, you won't accomplish much! "If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail!"
- Pick just 3 social media sites to start with. Anything else will just be overwhelming. Once you get those 3 sites set up and become regularly active on them, then you can move on to additional sites.
- Be fully engaged once you start. I'm not talking about posting listing updates and market reports. I mean be present and in the moment when you are participating on the social media sites. After all, they're called "social" for a reason - so be social!
Once you actually take the plunge, you'll see that social media marketing is not only worthwhile, but fun! Not only that, you will quickly see that it is definitely worth your time.
~Renae - Market 4 Real!
Need help with consistently marketing to your leads and your listings? Don't put it off! Contact us today for assistance and get started on the road to turning your leads into clients and your listings into SOLD properties! Thinking about using a Virtual Assistant but not sure if you're ready? Contact me for a free consultation! Want to take a Virtual Assistant for a test drive? Try a 5-hour starter block for $20/hr!