View Dunn County Wisconsin in a larger map
220 Thousand Forest Acres Between the Twin Cities and Eau Claire, Dunn County Wisconsin
Great forest land for people who work in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St Paul) or Eau Claire and many of the people who live here have dual career families with a short commute to both of these urban areas.
Our clients at Woodland Management Service own some very nice forest land in this county and they are impressed with the aethetics, wildlife and forests here.
Dunn County is home to over 220 thousand acres of forest land.
Most of this forest land is Oak and Hickory comprising 94 thousand acres. Secondary forestland types include Northern Hardwoods (Maple, Ash, Basswood) with 45 thousand acres, Central Hardwoods with 35 thousand acres. And Aspen forests come with another 24 thousand acres.
The Forests of this county are good quality, and are primarily used for hunting land and home sites.
In addition to producing income for our clients these forests are also great habitat for high quality Deer, Grouse, Turkeys, Bears, and more.
If you are interested in purchasing land in Dunn County or if you already own some and would like to learn more about how to improve this land, give me a call, our Foresters and Wildlife Specialists can help.
A few other articles to check out.
- Click here to learn more
What is a Forester & Why do I Need a Forester?
Buying and Selling Forest Land
- Top 10 List for Selling Your Forestland at a Premium Price.
- What Is My Tree Worth? Q&A#3
- Forestland Evaluations, dont Buy or Sell Forestland without one.
- FAQ - How important is Access When Selling Hunting and Recreational Land?
Managing the Forest
- Your Forest May Need a Little Help
- FAQ Is leaving my woodland alone best for Wildlife & Forest Health?
- FAQ How do I create a Wildlife Paradise on my Property?
- FAQ How do I Encourage More Wildlife on My Land?
- FAQ What is Hygrading and why is it so Bad??
- FAQ I Have Recently Purchased/Inherited Some Forest Land. What's Next?
- Need a Break on your Forestland Taxes?
- Why Should I Hire A Forester To Sell My Timber? Q&A#4
- Do I need to have a Clear Cut on my property? Q&A#3
- Spring and Summer Danger, Oak Wilt can kill your most valuable trees
- Hunters are Looking to Lease Your Forestland