This year, I made a New Year's Resolution to really get to know the communities I service, with new eyes, the way a new person moving into the community might see.
When a person lives in a community, we sometimes take things for granted. For example, I live in Santa Cruz County and we have a tourist venue called The Mystery Spot. I am so surprised at the number of 'locals' who have never actually gone to The Mystery Spot. But people who don't live in Santa Cruz talk about it as the 'go-to' place. I had to laugh at myself because I too, had not visited The Mystery Spot until my family visited for Christmas. Of course, they had to see what this was all about, so we made a trip to The Mystery Spot and it is truly a mystery.
Just below Santa Cruz County is Monterey County. There is a great seafood restaurant in Moss Landing, that is world renown called Phil's Fish Market. BBC Travel voted this restaurant the Best Seafood Restaurant in the world. This place is famous. We love eating there and taking friends and family when they visit.
But in the same community is a small shopping area with an vintage gift shop and a Shakespeare Sanctuary with a replica of the interior of Shakespeare's 1599 Globe Theater originally located in England. Had I not had my New Year's Resolution, I might have overlooked these quaint shops and missed some really interesting things.
I recently was in another town, Boulder Creek. Did you know that there is a Big Foot museum there with an actual size Big Foot that you can take a picture?
Again, it would never be a place that I would normally stop at but now, I am so excited to discover new things that Santa Cruz County and Monterey County has been hiding in plain sight.
Find your Next Home here
- Aptos, California Real Estate
- Capitola, California Real Estate
- Freedom, California Real Estate
- La Selva Beach, California Real Estate
- Marina, California Real Estate
- Monterey, California Real Estate
- Moss Landing, CA Homes for Sale
- Pacific Grove, California Real Estate
- Pajaro, California Real Estate
- Prunedale CA Homes for Sale
- Rio del Mar, California Real Estate
- Salinas CA Homes for Sale
- Sand City, California Real Estate
- Santa Cruz, California Real Estate
- Seaside, California Real Estate
- Soquel, California Real Estate
- Watsonville, California Real Estate