Interested in hiking, boating, golfing and family time in the Pocono Mountains? Look no further! Lake Wallenpaupack and the Lake Region of northeastern Pennsylvania is full of outdoor attractions that allow visitors and locals to soak in the year-round natural beauty. Here's some of the activities I like to do throughout the year with my family. This is by no means exhaustive... just a sampling of what the Pocono Mountains has to offer!
Outdoor Activities & Attractions
Boating: Lake Wallenpaupack is a popular spot for sailing, motor boating, water-skiing, and jet-skiing. You can spend the day renting your own boat or taking an hour long tour.
- Wallenpaupack Scenic Boat Tour – Take a 1-hour cruise and learn about the lake history. Chartered boat rental also available on a beautiful and new pontoon boat. 570-226-3293. www.wallenpaupackboattour.com.
- Tour the lake on your own in a Boat Rentals (be sure you know what you are doing before renting the boat. Take a boaters safety course approved by the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission.
Canoeing & Kayaking:
- Wallenpaupack Boat Rentals (Kayaks & Stand Up Paddle Boards): 570-226-3293. www.wallenpaupackboatrentals.com
- Promised Land State Park offers canoeing and kayaking- it is a very peaceful lake without motorboat traffic.
- Delaware River is a favorite for canoeing, kayaking, as well as rafting and tubing.
- www.kittatinny.com , Dingmans Ferry – 1-800-FLOAT-KC.
Family Activities: there are so many options for family activities in the Lake Wallenpaupack area. My kids LOVE Costa's Family Fun Park and Claws & Paws.
- Costa’s Family Fun Park: Miniature Golf, Go Carts, Batting Cages, Driving Range, Bumper Boats, Arcade (Open: mid-April – mid-October). Located 4 miles from Lake Wallenpaupack. 570-226-8585. www.costasfamilyfunpark.com
- Claws N Paws: Wild Animal Park – Get close to over 120 kinds of exotic animals. See black leopards, wolves, big cats, bears, monkeys, birds, rare white tigers & more. Hand-feed the giraffe, lory parrots and petting zoo critters. (Open: May – October). Located 7-10 miles away from the town of Hawley. 570-698-6154. www.clawsnpaws.com.
- Paupack Hills. Route 507. 857-0251. www.paupackhills.com
- Woodloch Springs Golf & Country Club. 570- 685-8102. www.woodloch.com
- Club – 18 holes par 70 - 1-800-892-8605
- Skytop Lodge Golf Course – 18 holes par 72 ~ 18 miles on Route 390. 1-800-345-7759
- Costa’s Family Fun Park – Driving Range ~ www.costasfamilyfunpark.com
Waterfalls - this is one of our favorite family activities! We love heading to the falls and just enjoying nature. Pack a lunch, you will have the best day.
- Bushkill Falls – “The Niagara of Pennsylvania” – Eight waterfalls, Native American and Pennsylvania Wildlife Exhibits, free picnic area w/grill, fishing, boating and miniature golf. (Open: April – October). www.visitbushkillfalls.com
- Shohola Falls: 12 miles East on Route 6. Open year around. No guide.
- Raymondskill Falls: Milford, PA
Hiking, Boating, Golfing and Family Time in the Pocono Mountains is amazing. I am so glad I get to call the Poconos home! I hope you enjoyed this post and if you need any additional information, please feel free to contact me.
If you would like to call the Lake Wallenpaupack Region "home" - I would be happy to find you your dream home!