A parent's search for the right school can be daunting and overwhelming. Many people are surprised to find out that Coconut Grove is home to some of the best schools in the county. Not only are they recognized for their academic excellence, but they are located right in the heart of the Grove and some even date back to the 1800's.
For example, Ransom Everglades was founded in 1896 by Paul C. Ransom. He brought students from an eastern preparatory school to Coconut Grove for a winter term study and outdoor life. In 1903 he turned it into the Adirondack-Florida school where children would spend the spring in the Aidrondacks and the winter in Coconut Grove. The school closed from 1942-1947 during World War II and in 1949 it was given the new name of Ransom in honor of the founder.
Below is a list of the public and private schools located in Coconut Grove:
- Ransom Everglades | 3575 Main Highway
- Carrollton School Of The Sacred Heart | 3747 Main Highway
- St. Stephens Episcopal | 3439 Main Highway
- Coconut Grove Elementary | 3351 Matilda Street
- Coconut Grove Montessori | 2850 SW 27th Avenue
- St. Hugh Elementary | 3460 Royal Road
- Tucker Elementary School | 3500 Douglas Road
- Plymouth Preschool | 3429 Devon Road
- Atarah Montessori | 3291 Franklin Avenue
If you have questions about life in Coconut Grove, please don't hesitate to contact me. I can be reached anytime on my cell at 305-342-1623. If you are contemplating a move to the Grove, check out my Coconut Grove Real Estate blog (http://therealestatecoconut.com) where you will find daily news, opinions and statistics on the local market here.