Do all Real Estate Agents deserve their Fee? NO they do not, and I have several examples that should help to define my answer:
1. Real Estate Agents that are NOT licensed Realtors.
2. Real Estate Agents that can't open a simple e-mail with an attachment.
3. Real Estate Agents that still use a Fax Machine!
4. Real Estate Agents who can't figure out how to set-up an e-signature.
5. Agents who are constantly on their cell phone during a home preview with their clients! If showing a home is that boring to you, then quit!
6. Agents that continually provide above-market home values to sellers just to get the Listing!
7. And to that point, Real Estate Agents that have higher than a 15% Failure Rate on Listings! How eager is that Agent to really work on getting your home sold?
8. Agents who repeatedly call a specific geographic area/location something that it is NOT in attempts to "fool" a potential buyer into believing their listing is in a "better" community!!!
9. Real Estate Agents that never return phone calls.
10. Real Estate Agents who do not show up for Home Inspections, Contractor Estimates, Final Walk-Throughs, and Closings!
Am I ranting; yes I am. I have been an active Realtor in North Atlanta for five years now and have done quite well, but it never ceases to amaze me how little some successful agents actually do to earn their Fee!