Cohasset, Massachusetts, had an average home sale price of over $1 million in 2013, up 24% from the average in 2012. The median sale price was up 31%. The total number of sales was flat, while the days on market fell 22%, and the average size of the homes sold increased 15%.
Cohasset was the big story in South Shore real estate sales for 2013.
Overall, what we saw in Cohasset in 2013 was a wave of buying by people willing to buy, bigger, more expensive homes. In fact, there were 41 sales for more than $1 million, compared to 28 last year, on almost the same number of total sales.
116 single-family homes sold in 2013
- up from 113 in 2012
- if you'd like a list of all the 2013 sales, please write me here
A list of the homes available in Cohasset right now can be found at Cohasset homes for sale
For 2013, the AVERAGE
SALES price was $1,060,000
- the average sale price in 2012 was $854,000
LISTING price was 1,126,000
- the average list price in 2012 was $920,000
ORIGINAL price was $1,182,000
- the average original price in 2012 was $991,000
- AGE is 69 years (built in 1944)
Average = total prices / number of homes
SALES price was $960,000
- up from $735,000 in 2012
- LISTING price was $980,000
- ORIGINAL price was $980,000
- ASSESSMENT was $838,000
Median = the home halfway down the list
- number of days on market was 112
- the average in 2012 was 143 days
- square footage was 3,239
- the average in 2012 was 2,816 square feet
price paid per square foot was $325
- the average in 2012 was $298 per square foot
- home sold for about 90% of its original asking price and 95% of its last listing price
- compared to 86% of the original price and 93% of the last price in 2012
Mortgage interest rates are trading around 4 1/2%
- At 4.5%, the monthly payment per $100,000 of principal loan amount is $506
- At 5.0%, the payment would be $536
At 5.5%, the payment would be $568
- If interest rates rise 1.0% this year, 30-year mortgages would cost 12% more
I love Turning Houses into Homes by helping people like you sell and buy homes on the South Shore
Click on a town name to see all the homes for sale in
Duxbury, Cohasset, Hingham, Kingston, Marshfield, Norwell, Pembroke, Plymouth and Scituate
My business is built on referrals from clients and people like you. If you know of a friend, family member or colleague who is thinking of selling or buying a home, I'd love to help. Please call or write me to arrange an introduction. I will provide professional, courteous service and knowledgeable guidance.
Call or text (339) 832-8487 or write me to sell your home, or to see any home for sale on the South Shore
Photos of 11 Deep Run, Cohasset, sold by Christine Powers, Coldwell Banker. Numbers may be rounded. The information in this report, Cohasset - 2013 home sales summary, was taken from MLS Data run on 1/04/2014 and represents all single-family home sales in Cohasset from 1/01/2013 to 12/31/2013 or the relevant time for the period presented. It is deemed reliable but cannot be guaranteed. It is not our intention to solicit other real estate broker’s clients. We are happy to work with them and cooperate fully. ©2013 Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC. Coldwell Banker is a registered trademark licensed to Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Housing Opportunity. Owned and operated by NRT, LLC.