Some things to consider in a safe and fun Sunday Open.
1. Do you know the weather forecast? A few days before the big event get the weather forecast. Are you looking at heavy snow, rain, melting snow. You know that upcoming weather you will know what you will need to bring with you in preparation (i.e., calling i a snow plowing service).
2. Do a drive by earlier that day or even the day before. Get a look at your situation at the home. If it is not your listing you really need that drive by to see what the sidewalks, driveway and entrance way looks like. Will you need to get there 1 hour early to prep the entrance or 30 minutes do?
3. Bring a shovel and a broom, snow plow service. Also consider a shoe mat. Will you need a plastic lay on the carpet entrance?
4. Winter treats. Consider hot chocolate on top of that coffee. Coffee cake? Be creative!
5. How is the lighting? We get into the Winter season and suddenly a once bright home looks dark. Open more light in the house if you can.
6. Seasonal smell. Burning a holiday candle may be nice. Though consider a safe location for that candle that can be monitored. Some people have placed cinnamon on a cookie dish in the oven at warm temp for a nice seasonal smell.
Have some more ideas for a successful Winter Open? Share them below!