The Borough of Mountainside in Union County was ranked number 44 on NJ Monthly's Best Places to Live, and almost 7000 people live there. Public school students in Mountainside attend Beechwood School, Deerfield School, and Governor Livingston High School in Berkeley Heights which was built on the site of a former Nike Missile base.
How's the inventory in Mountainside? There are 15 single family homes currently offered for sale in Mountainside, ranging in price from $489,000 to $1.7 million. Inventory is lower now than it has been for two years - on average, Mountainside's inventory in 2013 was 43 houses at a time. There were six homes sold in Mountainside in December.
How are home prices in Mountainside? The average sale price of a home sold in Mountainside in December was $556,667, just slightly below the 2013 average of $571,506 and well above the 2012 average of $527,600.
How long do Mountainside homes take to sell? Mountainside homes sell among the fastest in Union County with an average Days on Market of 44 days compared to the County average of 76 days.
If you're interested in purchasing a home in Mountainside or the surrounding area, please see a complete list of homes at www.WayneZuhl.com. If you're planning to sell your Mountainside home, please call us at 908-917-4189 for a free comparative market analysis of your home.
For more information on Mountainside Real Estate:
- The Real Estate Report for Mountainside - November, 2013
- Mountainside Real Estate Report - October, 2013
- Sell my home in Mountainside! - 08/19/13
- Mountainside Real Estate Market Report - April, 2013 - 05/27/13
- Mountainside Real Estate Market Report - January-March, 2013 - 04/13/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? - 02/24/13
- Mountainside Real Estate - 2012 in Review - 01/08/13
- 68 Homes Sold in Mountainside so far this year - 07/10/12
- Mountainside, NJ Housing Market Trends - 03/18/12