30 Days of Marketing Opportunities - Day 5
This series of 30 Days of Marketing Opportunities will give you 30 projects or tasks that your Virtual Assistant can handle on your behalf, generating leads that will ultimately generate more income for you! These are tasks that do not require a lot of high-end skill but, instead, require some time (hence the reason your Virtual Assistant should handle these tasks, not you!) and attention to detail. Join me on the journey and I welcome your feedback!
Day 5 - Farming Works!
If you haven't already done so, choose an area to farm and then develop a plan for marketing to that farm. Farming an area is extremely beneficial. Some of the benefits include:
* The residents of that area get to know you more than other agents.
* You will learn so much about that area as you get to know the intricacies of that neighborhood.
* You can then blog about the neighborhood as the "area specialist" and watch your blog shoot to the top of the Google search engine!
So, how do you go about choosing and making the most marketing use of a farm area? Here are a few steps to help you off to a great start:
- Select - The area you select should either be one that you are already somewhat familiar with or one that you feel relatively confident that you can learn about quickly and easily.
- Research - Learn everything you can about the area. Learn about the market, what's selling, what isn't, what the homes are like, what the community is like, what the residents are like. The goal is to set yourself up as the area expert.
- Market- Create a campaign to market to your farm area. Decide in advance how you will market to the farm. There are literally TONS of great blog posts here on Active Rain. Check out how these members are farming and the tips they provide real estate professionals:
- LaNita Cates - Here and Here
- Chris Self - Using Community Garage Sales in farming
- Jeffrey DiMuria - Using a Neighborhood Directory in farming
- The Sales Strategies / Tactics Channel - Farming (of course)
I'd love to hear your own farming strategies - the ones that work! Share!
Day 1 - Use Short URLs
Day 2 - Syndicate Your Blogs
Day 3 - Create a Marketing Campaign
Day 4 - Take Advantage of Holidays
Need help with consistently marketing to your leads and your listings? Don't put it off! Contact us today for assistance and get started on the road to turning your leads into clients and your listings into SOLD properties! Thinking about using a Virtual Assistant but not sure if you're ready? Contact me for a free consultation! Want to take a Virtual Assistant for a test drive? Try a 5-hour starter block for $20/hr!