Well well well, I guess our days of providing insider tips and expertise on the issue of buying and selling real estate to our customers is just about over! Our days are numbered when I read articles from the likes of MSN on important tips for selling your home!
Agents, write these down and memorize them. But be careful, mere mortals may find it hard to comprehend the ingenuity and stratergery that the real experts have come up with.
The brilliance is as follows:
1. 'Repair sagging screen doors.' -Um, ya think?
2. 'Spiff up roof' -..see comment above!
3. 'clear & caulk gutter' -Well I usually like the look of overrun/leaking gutters.
4.' Get rid of Smokers and pets' -No comment
5. 'patch holes and repaint' -oww my head hurts!
6.' replace vinyl flooring tears' -how do you get rid of tears?
7.' reseal toilet' -If its not leaking, why would you change it?
8. 'stop dripping faucet'- ok, that one might escape some people.
9. 'renew dinged baseboards' - Its not the dinged baseboards people don't like, it the baseboards themselves!
10.'repair cabinets'- If they are bad enough to fix, the home is a fixer and it won't matter.
Ok, I am being a little facetious. Some of these are ok tips for people who don't know what they are doing. Do any of you have any other silly tips that can be included in the Captain obvious hall of fame?