View Marquette County Wisconsin in a larger map
John Muir's Inspiration, Marquette County Wisconsin, teaming with Wildlife and Forests
John Muir may be famous for the things he did out west, but this little county in Central Wisconsin is the bit of Nature's beauty that inspired him.
His boyhood home is now a park where you can go to see the kind of forest lands that inspired him.
It is not just a great place to raise famous people, but it it also a great place to raise Pines and those Oaks that our Wildlife love so much.
Our clients at Woodland Management Service own a significant amount o land here with Quality Pines for great income and Oaks which are not much for quality timber but they do produce some fantastic wildlife habitat that attracts plentiful deer and turkeys.
Marquette County is home to 130 thousand acres of forest land.
Most of this forest land is poor quality Oak and High Quality Pine with 64 thousand acres of Oak forests which provide premium deer and turkey habitat and another 35 thousand acres of quality Spruce, and Red, White and Jack Pine forests which provide good winter habitat for the wildlife and good income for the forest landowners.
These forests are not only good for producing income for our clients and great habitat for Deer and Turkeys, but it also provides good habitat for many other wild animals like Bear, Wolves, Grouse, and more.
If you are interested in purchasing land in Marquette County or if you already own some and would like to learn more about how to improve this land, give me a call, our Foresters and Wildlife Specialists can help.
A few other articles to check out.
- Click here to learn more
What is a Forester & Why do I Need a Forester?
Buying and Selling Forest Land
- Top 10 List for Selling Your Forestland at a Premium Price.
- What Is My Tree Worth? Q&A#3
- Forestland Evaluations, dont Buy or Sell Forestland without one.
- FAQ - How important is Access When Selling Hunting and Recreational Land?
Managing the Forest
- Your Forest May Need a Little Help
- FAQ Is leaving my woodland alone best for Wildlife & Forest Health?
- FAQ How do I create a Wildlife Paradise on my Property?
- FAQ How do I Encourage More Wildlife on My Land?
- FAQ What is Hygrading and why is it so Bad??
- FAQ I Have Recently Purchased/Inherited Some Forest Land. What's Next?
- Need a Break on your Forestland Taxes?
- Why Should I Hire A Forester To Sell My Timber? Q&A#4
- Do I need to have a Clear Cut on my property? Q&A#3
- Spring and Summer Danger, Oak Wilt can kill your most valuable trees
- Hunters are Looking to Lease Your Forestland