Remax 2013 Luxury Home Sales Report for Oakville Ontario
Oakville is one of 905’s most desired communities with a long-standing tradition of high-end sales.
RE/MAX has just released the following 2013 statistics for the prestigious Oakville market:
- Oakville set new record for home sales over the $1.5 million price point in 2013
156 luxury properties changed hands last year, up 19 per cent from the 131 sales reported in 2012
350 million dollars in luxury real estate was sold in Oakville last year, with the most expensive property -- a fully renovated circa-1930 home situated on eight acres, including close to 800 ft. of waterfront -- sold for just under $10 million
- The town’s priciest condominium, a luxury unit in the heart of Downtown Oakville, sold for $2 million
- At present, there are just over 100 properties available for sale, including the highest-priced freehold property, a lake-front estate listed at nearly $16 million
- The most expensive condominium has a sticker price of $6 million
The luxury market represents 5% of all units sold during the year, yet accounts for approximately 16 per cent of total dollar volume
- Luxury sales in Oakville have experienced solid gains since 2008 when just 64 homes sold over $1.5 million -- an increase of 144 per cent.
The upward trajectory is expected to continue in the year ahead bolstered by an improving provincial economy and the benefits of location, location, and location.
If you're thinking of buying or selling a home in Oakville, call me for a confidential meeting.