Showing up and contributing to the top ranking real estate websites is a great way to grow your business and increase your web presence.
Top ranking real estate sites as of 1/2014…
Zillow, Trulia, & Homes.com all have a feature we'll call "advice alerts." When somebody lands on one of these sites, they are shopping around for information or for a new home. If they have a question, they can "ask a pro" by posting a question on the site.
This is your opportunity to be an industry or community expert, answer their question, and hopefully create a new client.
Here are the steps to sign up to receive EMail Alerts for questions being asked on Zillow:
- Sign in to your Zillow account
- Click on “Advice”
- You can choose “All Results” or any of the individual topics noted. (I like “All Results”)
- Fill in the “Location” for the area you want to receive notifications from. (example: Salem, OR)
- Click on “Get e-mail alerts”
- Fill in the frequency that you want to receive the alerts.
- You’ll receive an email when somebody asks a question on Zillow in the area you chose.
- Answer the question.
- Benefit: You can connect with a new lead on Zillow. Also when you are contributing to the Zillow community it helps you show up in the “Find a Pro” section when somebody is looking for an agent.
This is a great way to get involved in the high ranking real estate websites and it doesn't cost you a penny.