What are your pet peeves?
When you com across them, do they consume you?
Don't let them, it's not worth it.
Earlier this month I wrote an article, Why I'm Not Doing The 2014 Big Blog Jumpstart
, in which I was letting the world know I need more control over my life. It won't control me. Just because something can be done, doesn't mean it should. My 2014 is about health and more of things: more time with loved ones, more 'me" time, more celebrating the little moments in life. As I just told another Realtor, work will always be there.
So here's to clearing up another corner of our mental health - ridding ourselves of pet peeves. Ok, venting about them and hopefully being able to let go a little... So here are a few in no particular teeth clenching, under the breath muttering and mini temper tantrum provoking order.
1. Lack of Communication - Drives me insane. Maybe I'm asking too much, but if you say you're going to do something I want to know that you did it and the outcome. Even if the outcome didn't happen yet, tell me. I aim to maintain this standard with my clients.
2. People That Can't Pronounce "LinkedIn" - It's Linked In. Not Link Ed In. Why are we pronouncing the 'ed' separately.
3. Un-Subscribers That Do It To Themselves
- I respect your time and inbox, I won't send you crazy amounts of spammy emails. However, if you
set up 3-4 listing alerts to be received daily (probably on multiple sites), you probably shouldn't point the finger at me when you think it's annoying.
4. Lenders That Blame Me For The Housing Crash - Honestly, I had a lender tell me that the housing crash was my fault. Whoa, whoa, whoa! From my understanding, multiple types of professionals and deceitful behavior are to blame for that. And I wasn't even thinking about real estate at that time. I was still trying to figure out what I wanted to be when I grow up.
5. People That Restrict Participation on Their Social Media - Really? Your Facebook Year In Review was bland? Maybe it was because you wouldn't let your friends, family and colleagues share with you.
There! I feel a little better. What drives you nuts? List it off and let it go!