Working with Builder after the Purchase and Sale is Signed and home is being worked on.
Here are items to consider:
1) Be friendly with the Builder - the average builder puts most of his money into purchasing the land and his sweat equity. By letting your buyers complain in front of the builder is not beneficial.
Please don't let your buyer NOT acknowledge the builder or speak down to the builder.
2) If the buyers wants to visit new construction - ALWAYS buyers agent should accompany to site. If you work in a team -remember to introduce each new member to the builder.
3) If buyers are supplying lights; fixtures or additional items to house - DO NOT EVER DROP OFF at site. These items are responsibility of the Buyers. If they are damaged or missing - the buyers are responsible. These items should be received by only the builder (not Any of his subs) signed off in either email or physically signing the receipt. Every box should be labeled as to where it belongs in the house. By writing "Mary's Room" - means nothing the the builder and/or subs. Instead Bedroom#2 - follow room description on builder's floorplan.
4) The time to change outlets-lights-location of closets etc. should happen prior to plastering. After rooms are boarded and plastered - it will cost the buyers to change. These costs usually will be paid prior changes occur. This is known as "Upfront Cost".
5) Most builders in New England area - usually want to work with:
1) Telephone call - best method of communicating
2) Text - second method of communicating
3) Email - last method of communicating (best for agent for documentation)
6) Usually 1-2 weeks prior to closing the buyers will either have a home inspection done or they will generate a punchlist of items to complete. If the buyers had a good relationship with the builder - the builder is usually accommodating to the extra items the buyers wanted in the home. However, if the buyers were unapproachable and turned their back to builder every time they visited house, the builder WILL NOT make changes to Punchlist without charging the Buyer.
I had new construction (Needham,MA And Westwood, MA)
New Construction in Needham and Westwood