Are you in a Flood Zone?

Real Estate Agent with Realty Professionals, Inc.

I live in Arkansas and we have had a lot of rain.  There was a report from an individual in a city in the Northern part of Arkansas that they received 12.1 inches of rain.  The weather center said they only received a little over 8 inches, either way, that is a lot of rain in a two day period.

Some may not know that their homeowners insurance policy will not cover their property in the event of flooding.  You don't have to live in a 100 flood zone to have your property flooded.  There are times when there is a large amount rain, a property that normally doesn't flood could get some damage.  If you do live in a flood zone, most lenders will require you to purchase flood insurance.  If you are wondering if you are in a flood zone, FEMA has a website that you can go to and type in your address and it will show the flood map for that area.  Click HERE to see if you are in a flood zone.

I hope this has been helpful.  I use this sometimes in my listing to show perspective buyers how the land lays and what you may or may not have to contend with concerning flooding.

I am a Realtor in Searcy, Arkansas and I sell new homes, existing homes, commercial property, farms and land as well as manage and own rental properties. If you are looking for real estate for an investment or a home, I will be glad to assist you! You can call my personal cell number at 501-278-7659 or e-mail me at

Comments (2)

Jennifer Davis
RE/MAX Advantage - Searcy, AR

Hey thats great, I saved that website to favorites that will come in very handy!



Mar 20, 2008 05:56 AM
Barbara S. Duncan
RE/MAX Advantage - Searcy, AR
GRI, e-PRO, Executive Broker, Searcy AR
Once I got to the map, I needed a little tutorial.  I'm saving this blog.
Mar 20, 2008 02:27 PM