The Borough of Mountainside in Union County was ranked number 44 on NJ Monthly's Best Places to Live, and almost 7000 people live there. Public school students in Mountainside attend Beechwood School, Deerfield School, and Governor Livingston High School in Berkeley Heights which was built on the site of a former Nike Missile base.
There are currently 17 homes offered for sale in Mountainside. While a lower inventory is typical for real estate in January, this is the lowest inventory Mountainside has seen in years. As inventory drop, supply can no longer meet demand and, typically, prices rise.
The average home that sold in Mountainside in January was sold for $596,800. Prices are showing a definite increasing trend in Mountainside but have not returned to the peak of January 2013.
Homes in Mountainside continue to sell quickly. The average sold home in Mountainside in January was on the market for only 40 days.
If you're interested in purchasing a home in Mountainside or the surrounding area, please see a complete list of homes at www.WayneZuhl.com. If you're planning to sell your Mountainside home, please call us at 908-917-4189 for a free comparative market analysis of your home.
For more information on Mountainside Real Estate:
- Mountainside Real Estate - 1/18/2014
- The Real Estate Report for Mountainside - November, 2013
- Mountainside Real Estate Report - October, 2013
- Sell my home in Mountainside! - 08/19/13
- Mountainside Real Estate Market Report - April, 2013 - 05/27/13
- Mountainside Real Estate Market Report - January-March, 2013 - 04/13/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? - 02/24/13
- Mountainside Real Estate - 2012 in Review - 01/08/13
- 68 Homes Sold in Mountainside so far this year - 07/10/12
- Mountainside, NJ Housing Market Trends - 03/18/12