Asking questions and listening to the answers is the best way to serve the consumer.
There is a solution to many people's needs that they may think does not even exist. By asking the questions and listening, we can often get to the root of how people make decisions.
Providing a solution to their problem not only brings joy into the consumers life, it brings joy to us who serve them.
This story is a good example of the benefits of Asking Questions.
“Am I Asking All the Right Questions?”
A few weeks ago we did an open house and this couple came to see the property we were offering. I took these folks through the property and they mentioned they were working on their credit and would soon be able to purchase.
As we walked through the home I continue to demonstrate the property and ask questions at the same time. The right questions save a lot of time.
1) You indicate that you are working on your credit, what are the issues? We had a BK 5 years ago.
2) What is still on the credit report that dates back to the filing of the BK? From what we see nothing.
3) Have you reestablished any new credit? We have two car loans and a credit card.
4) Do you have any idea what your credit scores are? No, the report we get doesn’t give us that information.
5) Why do you think you don’t currently qualify for a mortgage? Our friends said we have to wait 7 years.
6) If I could show you that you qualify for a mortgage now, who you have to wait? Heck no.
7) What do you have available for a down payment? Up to $10,000.
8) This isn’t a home that you like, is it? No
9) Do you want me to qualify you for a mortgage? Are you kidding, absolutely!
10) Do you need a referral for a Realtor? Yes
11) Do you need a referral for a home inspector?
I handled a preapproval for these folks, both has over 700 credit scores. They qualified for a $180,000 mortgage, so I did the preapproval for a conventional mortgage with 5% down.
Last week they put a deposit on a home, application completed, home inspection will happen in a few days and in a month, they will be homeowners. How great is that!
image courtesy of renjith krishnan/freedigitalphotos.net
Joe Petrowsky, NMLS #6869
Right Trac Financial Group, Inc. NMLS #2709
110 Main St.
Manchester, Ct. 06042
Office: 860 647-7701 x116
Fax: 860 647-8940
Cell: 860 836-9294
Joe Petrowsky does not guarantee nor is in any way responsible for the accuracy of the information provided herein, and provides said information without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied.
Equal Housing Statement: We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing becuase of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.