30 Days of Marketing Opportunities - Day 16
This series of 30 Days of Marketing Opportunities will give you 30 projects or tasks that your Virtual Assistant can handle on your behalf, generating leads that will ultimately generate more income for you! These are tasks that do not require a lot of high-end skill but, instead, require some time (hence the reason your Virtual Assistant should handle these tasks, not you!) and attention to detail. Join me on the journey and I welcome your feedback!
Day 16 - Put Localism Blogs To Work For You
When you write about local businesses on your blog, you accomplish a number of things:
- your blog moves up high in the search engines due to concentrated local search terms
- your blog becomes a hub for inforamtion about your local area
- you become a local expert in the real sense of the word (a person who has special skill or knowledge in a particular field or area - see my previous post on Creating Neighborhood blogs and Creating Community websites)
So, how do you make localism blogs work for you?
- Choose your subjects. What are you going to write about? Ensure that you focus on the local aspect of that topic, whatever subject you select. Some options are to write local series on area businesses such as "________ of the Week" (Restaurant, Grocery Store, Movie Theater, Dry Cleaner, Dentist, Optomitrist, Beauty Salon).You could also write about local events (fairs, street parties, store sales, book fairs, construction, and of course real estate!).
- Write local. When you write your posts, be sure to use as many words and phrases as you can that relate to your local area. That will help locally focus your posts for the search engines.
- Comment on other local blogs. Your comments (along with your name and website when you log in!) will keep you associated with your local community. That's what you want and need.
When people start to associate your name with their community, it won't be long before you are the one they think about and call when they are ready to buy or sell! And that's what we want, isn't it?
Day 1 - Use Short URLs
Day 2 - Syndicate Your Blogs
Day 3 - Create a Marketing Campaign
Day 4 - Take Advantage of Holidays
Day 5 - Farming Works
Day 6 - Socialize Your Listings
Day 7 - Create a Partnership
Day 8 - Create a Community Website
Day 9 - Host a Coloring Contest
Day 10 - Send Sweet Treats
Day 11 - Throw a Party
Day 12 - Marketing with Cards
Day 13 - A Brunch for Parents
Day 14 - Create a Neighborhood Blog
Day 15 - Marketing with Webinars
Need help with consistently marketing to your leads and your listings? Don't put it off! Contact us today for assistance and get started on the road to turning your leads into clients and your listings into SOLD properties! Thinking about using a Virtual Assistant but not sure if you're ready? Contact me for a free consultation! Want to take a Virtual Assistant for a test drive? Try a 5-hour starter block for $20/hr!