As Realtors, we are in a service profession, and we are 100% dependent upon others being willing to let us serve them. Working from the perspective of a servant's heart is the differentiating factor between authenticity and being a predator
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.” James D. Miles - See more at: http://activerain.com/blogsview/4327354/the-secret-to-massive-success-walk-slowly-through-the-crowd#sthash.GKpb4toF.dpuf
The Secret to Massive Success: Walk Slowly Through the Crowd
My background, prior to Real Estate was in Client Services/Customer Service for a Fortune 500 Company. My job was to work with Managers & Agents to help them achieve not only target goals but create raving, enthusiastic customers who would never switch to a competitor because OUR team is exceeding their expectations!
If you're a Realtor, there's something a little maverick inside of you. Something that makes you chase those leads, put yourself out there with total strangers and then help them make some of the biggest decisions of their lives. Here's the neat part...you actually get paid for it! I remember getting that first check and thinking, "Man, I want to go do this hundreds, no a thousand more times!" My wheels started turning on how that could be accomplished!
My Realization? Not. By. Yourself. I can tell you that right now!
Much like positions I have held in the past, the only way I was ever going to reach my goals/dreams was through recognizing each and every person who help support my business and equip them for their own successes!
So, What is this Walking Slowly Through the Crowd business?
It's a saying a dear friend & former boss, Jerry Riddle drilled into me over and over again! (Thanks Jerry...) :) It means, take time to connect with the people around you. I don't mean the "shaking hands & kissing babies" approach but sincere, meaningful communication. Letting people know that you care enough about them that you are going to reach out to them, whether a handshake, a hug (appropriate side hug of course), hello, how are you...etc.
Scratching your head? Here are a few real life examples:
- Remember the name of the admin at one of your competitor agencies in town, then call her by her name and ask how she is doing? Easy Peasy...
- Do you know the favorite drink for your Front Desk Personnel? Find out! At our office Stephanie likes a good Cherry Coke, Katie's is Dr. Pepper w/ Cherry & Penny's...a big cup of ice!
- Whether in person, or in a virtual environment, take 5 minutes and make the rounds greeting people and just wishing them a good day. When I worked for the Fortune 500 company my managers all connected in a chat room so they could manage their representatives. I made it a point daily to drop in the virtual room and say hello to everyone! In the office...make a lap.
- Send a Happy Text once in a while.
- If you know someone going through a difficult time, check in on them... just because you care.
When you truly and authentically care about the lives of the people around you, over time you will find these same people will reciprocate! They will go to the mat for you and your business, which does nothing but enrich your life. And in the end, isn't that what it's all about? Creating a fantastic life and having fantastic people around you to share it!
So... On your mark. Get Set. Go Slow....
World-Class Service in Northwest Arkansas!
Selling homes in Bella Vista, Bentonville, Rogers, Lowell, Springdale & Fayetteville!
Kim Norton | Realtor
Keller Williams Realty | NWA Legacy Group
3105 NE 11th St | Bentonville, AR 72712
479.640.9250 or 800.301.4774