When you have made the decision to become a sales associate, we recommend you submit a completed Application and do the electronic fingerprinting, with appropriate fees, then start your class.
This will insure that you are approved to take the state exam as soon as you finish your course with little or no waiting.
- Successfully complete a FREC-approved pre-licensing course for sales associates (Course I) consisting of 63 classroom or online hours and covering the topics required by the FREC.
- The course is valid for licensure purposes for two years after the course completion date.
Minimum grade of 70% is required on the end-of-course examination.
- (If you fail your end-of-course examination, you must wait 30 days from the date of the original examination to retest) [Note: Online end-of-course examinations are administered online].
- Pass the Florida Real Estate Sales Associate examination with a grade of at least 75 or pass the Florida Real Estate Law Examination with a grade of at least 30.
- Submit a completed RE 2050 form to activate the license.
- The license is issued in an inactive status.