GREAT TRUTHS (Well, maybe not. You're call!)
1. In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
-- John Adams
2. Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But then I repeat myself.
3. I contend that for a nation to try totax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
4. A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul .
5. A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money.
6. Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
7. Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.
-- Douglas Case , Classmate of Bill Clinton at Georgetown University.
8. Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
-- P.J. O'Rourke , Civil Libertarian
9. Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors tolive at the expense of everybody else.
10. Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
-- Ronald Reagan (1986)
11. I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
12. If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free!
-- P. J. O'Rourke
13. In general, the art of government consists of taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other.
14. Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
15. No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session.
-- Mark Twain (1866)
16. Talk is cheap, except when Congress does it.
17. The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.
-- Ronald Reagan
18. The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery.
19. The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.
-- Mark Twain
20. The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools..
21. There is no distinctly Native American criminal class, save Congress.
22. What this country needs are more unemployed politicians
23. A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
24. We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.
RE/MAX ASSOCIATES OF LANCASTER
2421 Willow Street Pike
Willow Street, PA 17584
717 464-1200 OFFICE
717 715-6288 MOBILE
717 786-7967 HOME
Check out my Blog "Quarryville Realtor" and search for homes: