Vortexes, Sedona And The Grand Canyon
A little over a week ago, I was lucky enough to take my first visit to Sedona, AZ. My best friend that I've known since we worked in a nursing home together when we were 16 always try to meet up somewhere for a "girls only" vacation, leaving our hubbys behind. Oh yeah...Thelma and Louise without the bad ending!
Her being from New York, the sunshine and warmth was very needed. We stayed at the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa which was perfect for us. We never did get to the spas...sigh. Of course you can't help but notice the chakra and aura reading places which we didn't do, but did take some trails that are known to have vortexes (high energy fields) to see if we felt anything different.
I do know that it was very peaceful walking the trails so in that sense, you feel something..but not sure due to a vortex. Of course being close to the Grand Canyon, we just HAD to take one of the Pink Jeep Tours for a lovely day trip. I will say that the Grand Canyon is just breathtaking, but I found Sedona's rock landcape to be just as beautiful.
Things I didn't realize about this area:
- Sedona seems to have really embraced the round about thing...I mean, there are a LOT of roundabouts enough to get you dizzy.
- Driving the "switchbacks" is pretty darn scary. I was blessed to be the driver in the rental car from Phoenix to Sedona and we took the back drive through Prescott and Jerome which had me on those switchbacks. The scariest part beside the hairpin turns was trying NOT to look at the gorgeous vistas and concentrate on the road. I kept hearing my drivers Ed teacher saying "The wheel goes where the eyes go".. Yikes!
- The drive to Flagstaff wasn't so bad and we should have just taken our rental car so we could have just taken our time and enjoyed areas of the Grand Canyon without having to be rushed back to the tour jeep.
- I was surprised that there were many areas from the drive to Flagstaff that reminded me of Oregon!
- I love how the homes here are earth tones and feel like they are part of the landscape
You just can't capture the beauty of this area, but I tried! This is a place that I would go back to easily! If I did have my chakras and aura read, my guess is that they would be happy!
Some photos I snapped while there