My friend Jeff Dowler talks about the importance of understanding local customs when making an offer in a new place. The Metro Washington DC area, which includes Maryalnd and Virginia suburbs has a lot of difference just between themselves. It is important to hire an agent who can assist you in understanding and give you the information that you need to make the right choices.
Making an Offer in Your Relocation
No doubt you are planning to buy a new home when you relocate. Whether or not you are a first time buyer or one who is experienced, if you are moving to a new area and planning to buy there are some things you need to know about making an offer on a new home.
The process of making an offer, and the paperwork, can vary substantially from state to state. Some states are very simple, while others are much more structured and complex.
Keeping that in mind, as a relocating buyer it's critical that you:
1. Discuss the specifics of the offer process in your new location with your REALTOR® so you know what to expect
2. Obtain copies of all paperwork needed for making an offer from your REALTOR® in advance so you can review and ask questions, and be prepared for the offer process
3. Understand if there is a live deposit required when making an offer, a copy of an EMD (earnest money deposit), or nothing at all.
4. Be pre-approved. This cannot be stressed enough! A current written pre-approval showing you have the financial qualifications to buy is essential to make a competitive offer. Plus you will know what you can really afford to buy before you start looking
5. Make sure you can provide proof of funds, especially if you are paying cash. Find out what might be required or what the standard protocol is, and when documentation is needed (e.g., with the offer, after offer acceptance)
Need more relocation tips? Check out my Relocation A to Z Blog. I am happy to help from start to finish with your relocation here to SoCal, or with a move out of this area.
If you are moving someplace other than SoCal, I can still help you.
I know a great network of highly qualified agents around the country and can help refer you to the right person to help find your new home and/or sell your current one no matter where you are or where you are going
Here are the prior articles (with videos) in this series in case you missed them:
ALL THE BUTTONS BELOW ARE LINKS TO USEFUL REAL ESTATE AND COMMUNITY INFORMATION, HELP ON RELOCATION, THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA, SEARCHING FOR HOMES FOR SALE IN CARLBAD AND OTHER NEARBY COMMUNITIES, LOCAL PHOTOS AND VIDEOS AND MUCH MORE
If I can provide more information about Carlsbad homes and real estate for sale and surrounding areas, the housing market in general (or locally), or otherwise assist you, friends or family in a home search or sale, please contact my mobile office or text me at (760) 840-1360 or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com
Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village), Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and San Diego
All content ©Copyright by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.