MFL practices due, did you get your postcard yet?
This past week the Wisconsin DNR sent out the list of all the landowners who are in need of a forester in the Managed Forest Law (MFL) program, if you are on this list you probably know it since they should have sent you a reminder letter too.
We have been busy sending out lots of cool little postcards to the folks of Wisconsin who have practices due in the Managed Forest Law (MFL) program this year too.
If you did not see one in your mailbox, give me a call and we will drop by with one.
Why Should I Hire A Forester To Sell My Timber?
Over the past 25 years I cannot count the number of clients who have come to me after learning the answer to this question the hard way.
Many people feel that they can do the job themselves, or they have a friend or relative who is a logger and offers to help them out. They all end up gaining a small fraction of what their timber is worth and to add insult to injury their forest is seriously degraded in the process.
A forester knows how to;
- Expertly market your timber to get you up to 1000% more money for your trees!
- Mark the correct trees resulting in an increase in the value of the residual forest rather than a forest degradation!
- Plan the timber sale so that the land will not be harmed from excessive rutting, damage to streams, and damage to residual trees.
- Structure and administer a contract so that the clients’ interests are protected both financially and environmentally.
- Determine which loggers are good and which are not.
- Get the loggers to follow the rules, and not try to get away with shortcuts and extra trees.
- Plan a timber sale for maximum Wildlife habitat.
When you go to court over something that may be worth $10K-100k, do you hire an Attorney or do you do it yourself, or hire a friend or relative.
Most foresters handle hundreds of timber sales, and most do it yourselfers handle one, who do you think knows what they are doing, and which one do you think that the loggers will try to take advantage of?
If you care about your forest and your pocketbook, hire an experienced Consulting Forester.
- Why Should I Hire A Forester To Sell My Timber? Q&A#4
- FAQ What is the Difference Between a Forester and a Logger??
- Do You Need a Forester?
Managing the Forest
- FAQ What is Hygrading and why is it so Bad??
- Need a Break on your Forestland Taxes?
- Your Forest May Need a Little Help
- FAQ Is leaving my woodland alone best for Wildlife & Forest Health?
- FAQ How do I create a Wildlife Paradise on my Property?
- FAQ How do I Encourage More Wildlife on My Land?
- FAQ I Have Recently Purchased/Inherited Some Forest Land. What's Next?
- Do I need to have a Clear Cut on my property? Q&A#3