Addison Pacesetters Learn About Fork & Cork
Addison Pacesetters (Addison, Texas residents 50+ years of age) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. on Belt Line Road and learn about the Town of Addison. This month, Carrie Rice, Director of Communication & Marketing for the Town, spoke to us. Here are some tidbits from her presentation and the Q & A session that followed:
- Taste Addison has been changed. Even the name will be new - Fork & Cork.
- Taste started as an event focused on food and the restaurants in Addison. It became, after many years, an underage drinking fest.
- Fork & Cork is partially the result of Addison's rebranding effort.
- The Town of Addison will be keeping the best of Taste and incorporating new ideas into the new Fork & Cork event, May 16-17,2014.
- The food will be bite sized; particiapting restaurants will be more chef-driven.
- Neighborhood Services is opening a restaurant in Addison and will be participating in Fork & Cork.
- The event is intended to lure more chefs to open restaurants here.
- Marcus Samuelsson (James Beard award-winning chef and judge on ABC's The Taste) will be at the event and Pat Green will be in concert.
- The price point for tickets is increased. A Friday night ticket, $65, will be all inclusive. There is a limit of 2500 tickets for Friday. On Saturday, the $35 general admission will get you 5 included samples and each additional sample will cost $1 to $5.
- There are 300 VIP tickets available for Saturday for $100 each. You'll be able to cook with the chefs and have experiential opportunities.
- The event will be less crowded, will have a different look and feel, and there will be more tables.
- The tag line: Designed for the Epicurious. Food as entertainment.
- This is a 2-day event, bringing together celebrated chefs, craft breweries, wineries and spirit makers.
- Check out the new website for the event: AddisonForkAndCork.com. Tickets are available online.
Next month, the first Wednesday is April 2nd. Come join the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros. and learn about the town of Addison. The speakers begin their presentations at 10:30 am. Arrive early and grab a cup of coffee. The Mayor holds court at 10:00 am, so if you have questions about Addison, that's a good time to get answers. See you with the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.