Now that Spring has Sprung, it's time to thoroughly rid your home of the dirt and dust and dog hair that have accumulated over the winter months! Step one on your Spring cleaning checklist should be to get rid of the clutter! Kim's Organizing Solutions recently provided us with a wonderful list of ideas to help de-clutter your home and simplify your life! Get "Rid of It" because someone else needs it, you have too much stuff or, it can be turned into something else!
Pay someone else to take out the (big, cumbersome) trash.
Find local recycling and reuse programs for all kinds of household items.
Watch as a pile of your old T-shirts is converted into a quilt.
Send a phone to the field staff of a poverty-fighting mission.
Work with charities to find homes for consumer electronics
6. youthfortechnology.org Put scanners, computers, and cameras in the hands of deserving, impoverished kids around the world.
Furnish homes for disaster victims.
Give interview and work clothing to disadvantaged women.
Donate a wedding gown to benefit breast-cancer patients.
Send formal wear to teenage girls who need help getting to the prom.
A free coat to anyone who needs one.
Montgomery County Recycling and ReUse Facility, 281-210-3900, 5310 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX
Sell it to your neighbors.
14. Call 1-888-567-8688 to stop unwanted credit card solicitations.
15. Opt out of mailing and telemarketing lists by logging on to dmaconsumers.org
16. Houston Pick Up Service - 713-696-5500
17. Texas Chapter Paralyzed Veterans of America - 713-696-4200
18. Vanish Free Shredding - 1507 Ricefield, Katy, TX 77084 - 713-263-9000 Free Hours are: Friday 4 - 6 pm and Saturday 9 - 10 am
19. salvationarmyhouston.org - Salvation Army pick up service - 713-752-0677
20. Varagesale.com which will link you to your area Beg, Barter Buy and Sell locations on Facebook
21. Medicalbridges.com - Medicine
22. Houston Achievement Place - 713-695-5500
ORGANIZE TODAY - SIMPLIFY TOMORROW
Benefits of Organizing Your Home:
- Eliminate wasted time and stress. You'll have a convenient "home" for all of your materials and possessions so you can quickly access what you need when you need it.
- Be able to plan/arrange/schedule time for projects, self care, romance, friends and family, personal growth, fun and recreation, sleep, a break; whatever is important to you.
-Feel a sense of peace and lightness knowing you're in control of your time, thoughts and space.
Are you Stuck?
If so, give Kim's Organizing Solutions a call at 832-715-9540. As a Professional Organizer, she will work directly with you to organize your home or office, eliminate clutter, organize materials for a convenient retrieval, help decide what to keep and let go, and provide solutions to help move you in the right direction to reach your goals!