Jamestown RI Real Estate Update February 2014
improved single family home sale market year over year 2013 over 2012 continues in Jamestown. February 2014 the home sales are up 133% over February 2013.
The luxury home sale market is coming back here also as the multi million dollar homes sell again. Knowing the waterfront and Jamestown RI coastal real estate area is part of the RI home discovery process.
If you are buying or selling a home in waterfront Jamestown RI real estate, you want to understand the local real estate information. Why? Because knowing how home sales are doing gives you knowledge for any home decision you may make.
Here is the current real estate market data for Jamestown, RI provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of RI waterfront real estate February 2014 is as follows:
Properties active and on the market: 65 (same as prior month)
- Single-family properties sold: 7 (40% more than prior month)
- Average sales price: $ 1,344,000
- Median sales price: $830,000
- Sales price to list price ratio: 95%
- Average days on the market: 168
- Sales currently pending: 1 (down 75% over prior month)
Knowing the Jamestown RI real estate market is essential if you are considering listing your home for sale or in the market to buy.
Jamestown’s home absorption rate is still attempting to get out of a Buyer’s real estate market with 9 months of home inventory. In addition, the luxury $1 million home resale market commands 43% of the current Jamestown home market. A significant slice of the homes for sale pie.
- Jamestown’s home inventory did not increase over the prior month, days on market increased and list price to sold price increased substantially due to the 2 waterfront Jamestown properties that sold.
- Jamestown waterfront homes $1 million had 2 homes sold in February.
- Breakdown of the 7 Jamestown RI homes sold as follows: 0 homes sold under $300,000, 2 homes sold between $300,000-$400,000, 3 homes sold over $400,000 and 2 homes sold over $1 million.
Jamestown RI Real Estate Market Report February 2014
Jamestown is a waterfront Newport County Rhode Island community that enjoys private real estate on a hideaway island that is so unique to this ocean state.
The town itself is known for its stunning coast line, its true island feel, one of a kind Beavertail State Park and coastal luxury living by the locals. It is a higher end community of island homes due to its geography between the towns of Newport and North Kingstown. The island itself is called Conanicut Island and has working farms on it, stunning landscapes of the ocean and coastlines to admire yet a small town appeal.
Are you considering buying or selling a Jamestown coastal home?
Discussing your home needs is essential in this market and what I can do for Jamestown RI clients. Please reach out to me, Ginny Lacey Gorman, RI coastal real estate agent, at 401.529.7849 or email me at Ginny@RiHouseHunt.com for a home market analysis.
I would love the opportunity to help you in your RI home search or home sale. The Jamestown home market is showing signs of an improved real estate market which is good news for this housing market.
originally posted at Jamestown RI Real Estate Market Report February 2014 by Ginny Lacey Gorman of RI coastal real estate.