This picture comes from the 1967 yearbook for Harding College because the Ideal Shop bought an ad in the book along with lots of other Searcy businesses. What I like about this picture is the style that it shows.
1. At that time dress length was dictated by fashion. No one dared to differ.
2. Hats were very much in style. Ideal Shop had lots of hats to choose from.
3. Ladies wore gloves. For church or any dress-up occasion.
4. Shoes were high heels, yes, but you didn't see platform shoes like today's.
5. Purses were simple and you needed one to match each outfit. If you could afford a real alligator one, you were the cat's pajamas!
Right? Sleuths? Do you remember?