Let's jump right into it (again)...
Facts 1 thru 3
People, Places and Product (always fun to know,right?)
1. Total population in Gilbert, AZ is now 221,140 and the number of housing units is 74,907.
2. Total number of businesses 17,097 with women owning 29.5% of these businesses.
3. The largest employer in Gilbert, AZ is the Gilbert School District with 4,173 employees. Second is The Town of Gilbert at 1,401. Third is the Banner Health at 1,212 followed by Fry's Food and Drug at 817 employees.
Facts 4 thru 6
Celebrities, Landmarks and Awards
4. A wide range of celebrities hail from Gilbert, AZ including Jimmy Eat World (rock band) , Ryan Fitzpatrick (NFL Quarterback), Shea Hillanbrand (Former MLB All-Star), Chester Bennington (Lead singer for popular rock band Linkin Park), and Naomi Lang (5 Time US ice dance champion)
5. Gilbert is host to some wonderful landmarks. These include-- Gilbert Elementary School which opened in 1913 and now houses Gilbert Historical Museam. Liberty Marker which began to take shape in 1936. The Tone Building which was built in 1929 and now houses Joe's Real BBQ Restaurant. And Clare’s Metal Shop was built in 1918. It now houses a Coffee shop.
6. Gilbert has won many great awards like 33rd best place to live in the United States. 2nd safest city in the United States. 8th most thriving city in the USA. 2nd best city in Arizona and fasted growing city in Arizona. Top places in the nation to live and learn by GreatSchools.org.
Facts 7 thru 10
Fun, Amazing and Controversial
7. Fun fact-- The town is named for William Gilbert who offered his own land to the railroad and soon had a rail siding on his property. A rail siding was an extra section of rail that allowed the loading and unloading without blocking the tracks. Gilbert essentially had customers coming right to his property and buying his crops. Pretty soon a town was established and named after him.
8. An AMAZING thing about Gilbert is the AMAZING FOOD. Gilbert features many of the best places in the East Valley to grab a quick bite and set your taste buds on overdrive. For sushi, go to Blue Wasabi. For mexican, go to Rancho de Tia Rosa and a hot new pizza restaurant is Urban Legends PizzaWorks which was a readers choice favorite.
9. Controversy #1 - Gilbert Public Schools approved new english books to be used by sixth- to ninth-graders. These new books put more emphasis on non-fiction and have caused a controversy among some parents and teachers who say the work isn't challenging enough. This change will also cost $195,000 annually because the students will write and highlight in bound books. The purpose of these books to replace the outdated books adopted 12 years earlier. This disrupts the normal -fiction focused- language arts cirriculum that most teachers and parents are used to. But others believe this is raising the bar. Time will tell.
10. Controversy #2 - The controversy here is that there is no more controversy to tell. Gilbert is safe, rich with a strong community and clean vibrant neighborhoods. It deserves all the awards it receieves.
So.... if you are thinking of moving to Gilbert, AZ and want to search one of these new homes in Gilbert, AZ , you have a wonderful community and city to welcome you here.
The new homes in Gilbert, AZ are just as nice and Chandler is Gilbert's sister city.
Have a great day!