Garage Sale Tips
It’s that time of year when spring cleaning begins and everyone ends up with a pile of stuff that they don’t use or need. Or you may be moving soon and don’t want to pack extra items that you don’t use or need. You could certainly donate those items to a worthy cause but if you feel up to it you may want to have a garage sale and try to earn a few bucks.
Here are a few Garage Sale Tips:
- Advertise on Craig’s List, the local paper, Facebook, blogs, etc. Don’t advertise your exact address until day of sale so you can avoid the early birds.
- Make sure your directional signs have large letters so they’re easily readable.
- Make sure everything has a price on it so that buyers don’t have to ask you.
- Don’t price any item under $15 as people will tend to give you more than you would price it for. I know this contradicts the tip above but I’ve heard it done both ways.
- Price your items in whole dollars so that you don’t have to fool with change. You can combine items so that they make a whole dollar amount.
- Organize your items by kitchenware, furniture, clothing, sports equipment, tools, etc.
- Have a few extra people to help and watch your merchandise and answer questions.
- Keep all money on your person.
- Be prepared to negotiate.
- Only accept cash or credit cards on your mobile device via Intuit or Squareup, for example.
- End your sale by 12:00 or 1:00 as only serious buyers come in the morning and you’ll be wasting your time with looky-loos in the afternoon.
Information on Brentwood Recyling facility and Goodwill Donation Center.
I am a Realtor in Brentwood TN and I’m having a garage sale this Friday and Saturday, April 25th and 26th 2014. I’ve been gathering and pricing items for almost a month and will be working right up to the last minute to be ready for those 7:00am shoppers. Hope you’ve found these tips useful and if you’re buying or selling real estate in Brentwood TN, please give me a call...615-504-1185.
Garage Sale Tips