The New & Improved Tips for Sabotaging Your Open House
- When I walk in the door, DON'T SAY "HI." Maybe just make a small effort to glance over to confirm someone has come in. A look of tired contempt works especially well.
- By all means, DON'T STOP TALKING ON YOUR CELL PHONE. I'm sure you have more important things to discuss, and with more important people.
- "WE'RE TAKING OFFERS ON TUESDAY," is not, to the best of my knowledge, a commonly accepted and appreciated verbal introduction in the English vernacular, when and if you ever end your cell phone conversation. "Hi. My name is..." tends to be a little softer.
- Since I probably already know everything there is to know about the property from the flyers that ran out 15 minutes ago, DON'T ASK IF I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
- When I smile and nod before I leave, again, DON'T MAKE ANY EFFORT TO SEE IF PERHAPS I KNOW AN INTERESTED BUYER. Just let me walk out.
- Since you really only have about a 3-hour window for the showing, just SIT WITH THE SELLER IN THE LIVING ROOM the entire time and discreetly discuss your strategy. By all means, we visitors understand that the other 165 hours in the week are not ideal for such a conversation.
- Wait...it gets better. If, by chance, I see you later in the day at a different open house, ACT AS IF YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE ME.
- Finally, when I get back to the office and send you a nice e-mail about the property, DON'T RESPOND PROMPTLY. Better still, don't respond at all.
Mortgage Loan Originator
NMLS: 22343 CA BRE: 01297944
Cell: 415-367-5959 Fax: 415-366-1590
1058 Redwood Highway, Frontage Road, Mill Valley, CA 94941
RPM Mortgage, Inc - BRE# 01818035 – NMLS# 9472 - CA Bureau of Real Estate, Real Estate Corporation License. Equal Housing Opportunity.