Here’s a checklist of items I am sure to cover before concluding a listing presentation:
- Present my Mission, Vision, and the Value I bring to the process.
- Tour the property to inspect and evaluate all features, and snap a few photos for pre-marketing. There are 2 ways to do this, and I always follow the seller's lead: 1. If the sellers are super friendly and proud of their home's condition, they usually like to conduct the tour. 2. If the sellers are in a different mindset, I suggest that I look at the property by myself quickly, through the "eyes of a buyer."
Describe in detail:
- Services I will and will not provide
- Company benefits and Office policies
- Area real estate market details, anaylzed CMA, estimated seller's net sheets at 3 different prices (small, medium and large!)
- Together then - we set the price for the property
Discuss terms of the sale such as:
- Client’s desired close date
- Seller financing
- Items to include or excluse
- Compensation for services
- Co-op compensation
- Talk about how to prepare property prior to placing it on the market. This includes staging, improvements, and repairs. As part of my service to every seller, I bring in my "re-designer" Nancy for a two hour re-design appointment.
- Timeline of the "To Do" list that needs to happen BEFORE and after we hit the MLS, and timing of first caravans, broker's opens and open houses.
Decide together how best to:
- Communicate with the client: phone, email, text, best times, regular update schedule, which one to call, which one to email, etc.
- Convert inquiries into prospective buyers
- Include seller's contact list in the marketing process
- How to handle showings
- Process potential buyer feedback and offers
- Manage inspections
- Their preference in how to best respond to offers, via in person, fax or electronic signatures
- Complete and sign the agency disclosure form and get the listing agreement signed
- Install lockbox and sign - and off to start the ball rolling!
When it's time for you to interview a Westlake Village listing agent to sell your Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills or Newbury Park home...
Contact Kathy Smiley with Prudential California Realty
and Check out what your home is worth at Westlake Village Home Expert
for "Results That Make You Smile"