Your rubbing me the wrong way. Electrical service feed.
The over head electrical feed to this home was not installed correctly. Or was it?
I can't imagine the chimney was added at a later date. Looks as if the chimney was an original design of the home.
The over head electrical service to this home was rubbing on the chimney.
So much so the line had already worn into the chimney about one and a half inches.
Upon inspecting the incoming service line there was no damage at all.
Was this service line replaced in the last couple of years?
If it was then it should had been re routed so it would not rub on the chimney.
The home owners must have known. The line had paint on it from the owners painting the chimney.
Take a look at how the service line ties into the service mast?
Here is a good look from below.
My recommendation to the buyer a proper service mast be installed and the service line would no longer rub on the chimney.
Never know what we will find when inspecting homes for buyers.
Have a great day everyone.